Frequently Asked Questions

For nearly 30 years Bass Hunter's durable one piece construction out shines and outlasts all other boats!

Categories for frequently asked questions are listed in alphabetical order.  Click any title to expand.


If you have additional questions please contact:

     Mark Bernegger

     Bass Hunter

     P.O. Box 1135, 2760 E. Churchill Road

     West Point, MS 39773

     662-295-5702 Ph

     662-494-1095 Fax


  • Age of Boat

    What year was my boat made?

    The last 2 numbers on the Hull ID Plate tell you what year the boat was made.

  • Construction

    What is one piece construction?

    All Bass Hunter boats are solid, one piece construction using Roto Molding Technology. We do not (nor will we ever) take a top and bottom half  of a boat and rivet or glue it together like the cheaper models on the market. One piece construction is superior in design and strength.  The old saying “You get what you pay for” applies, especially in boats.


    Is there foam inside?

    Bass Hunter uses foam technology that coats the inside of the boat. Inferior boats place blocks of Styrofoam in them before they connect the two halves together.

  • Drain Plug

    Drain Plug Does the boat have a drain plug?

    Bass Hunter boat come with a removable drain plug.


    What size is the drain plug?

    3/4”. We sell replacement plugs or you can find sources online.

  • Horsepower

    What is the rated horsepower for each boat?

    Horsepower ratings are listed in the bulleted points of each boat model.

  • Manufacturers Statement of Origin

    How can I get a new one?

    Each new boat comes with a MSO.  This is like the title to an automobile. Unfortunately, we cannot just issue MSO’s to just anyone.  You might check with your State to see what the process is for a lost Title.

  • Navigation

    Navigation How big of waves will it take?

     Use common boating sense and safe boating practices. Always wear a Coast Guard Approved personal flotation device.

  • Outboard Motor Installation

    Will an outboard motor fit on it?

    Yes. However, you may need the Transom Extension kit.

  • Registration

    How do I register my boat?

    Each State has their own process. Check online. You will need the Manufacturers Statement of Origin (MSO) and the Bill of Sale. If you do not have to register the boat with your sure to keep the MSO in a safe place should you ever decide to sell the boat or move to a State that requires registration.

  • Registration Number Application

    How can I apply Registration Numbers to my boat?

    A quality spray on adhesive will adhere registration numbers to the boat.

  • Repair

    Older Boats: Older Bass Hunter models were two-piece boats made from ABS. Best repair option is to locate an ABS Plastic repair kit on the Internet.

    Newer Boats: Newer Bass Hunter models are one-piece, medium density polyethylene. There are numerous examples on

    YouTube on how to repair polyethylene.  We have heard of Customers using the following products: JB Weld (Marine), Flex Seal, Leech Products F26 adhesive. We have also come across a new product call Gator Patch made by Gator Guards (

    Whatever method you use surface preparation is a must. Lightly sanding and removing dirt/grease/oil with rubbing alcohol or degreaser.

  • Seat Adjustment

     How far does the seat frame adjust on the 120 Pro Series?

    Seat height adjustment is 5-inches.

  • Shipping and Receiving

       Do I have to be home when the boat delivers to my house?

    Yes. The boats ship via Commercial Freight (Common Carrier). Someone will have to inspect the unit for any type of shipping damage and then sign accepting it.  Commercial Freight is a delivery service, not a moving company. The Receiving Party is responsible for getting it off the truck. The simplest way is to slid it off the back.  The Drivers are usually good about lending a hand. If you are physically unable you should request a lift gate service, which will lower the unit to the ground.  The Freight Companies do charge a fee for this service. Discuss this with your Sales Person while placing the order. ONCE YOU SIGN THE PAPER WORK ACCEPTING THE BOAT, IT BECOMES YOUR PROPERTY.

  • Shipping Damage

     What if my boat gets damaged during shipping?

    The Freight Carriers do a good job moving product all over the USA for us. Occasionally things happen out of our control.  If the unit arrives and shipping damage is suspected. Remove the item from the box and inspect closely.  The shipping boxes take abuse and can sometimes look pretty rough when they arrive ... but the boat is fine inside. If the boat is truly damaged, tell the Driver you are refusing it because of damage. The Freight Company will return to us and upon receipt and inspection, we will ship a replacement unit. ONCE YOU SIGN THE PAPER WORK ACCEPTING THE BOAT, IT BECOMES YOUR PROPERTY.

  • Transporting

       Will my boat fit between the wheel well of a pickup truck?

    All Bass Hunters will fit between the wheel wells of a full-sized pickup truck.  To aid in transporting your Bass Hunter see the Handling Dolly on our accessories page.

  • Trolling Motor Size

       What size trolling motor do you recommend?

    55 lbs of thrust is good for most applications.

  • Trolling Motor Wiring

       Is the boat pre-wired for a trolling motor?

    No. The molding process does not allow it like the inferior two piece boats. We will not trade strength and durability for wiring. The  quickest (and easiest) method would be to run the wire under a floor mat. See our accessories page.  You do have access to the inside of the boat through the storage bags ... with some time, patience, and careful thinking, you could add a trolling motor plug. Just like in construction ... think twice, cut once applies.

  • Water Removal

    Will the boat get water in it?

    EVERY boat on the market can get water in it.  What you do as the owner can greatly impact the life and longevity of your boat. We suggest pulling the drain plug when not using and/or flipping the boat over with bottom facing up. We also sell a cover to help keep the elements off. See the accessories page.


    How do I get water out of my boat?

    Bass Hunters have two removable storage bags.  You can access the inside of the boat by removing the storage bag. If you get some water in the boat stand it on its side and let drain.  You can also pump water out or use a sponge to remove any water.

  • Weight Limit

       What are the weight limits of the boat?

    Please see the Specifications and Capacity for each boat model.

Mark:   (662) 295-5702   •

Tres:   (662) 448-0292   •

Bass Hunter

P.O. Box 1135  •  2760 East Churchill Road  •  West Point, MS 39773